The Kimball Area School District is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment. To ensure that, the administration has developed a Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As of July 6, access to the district’s indoor facilities is allowed by students, staff, community members and all facility users sharing in the responsibility of implementing these protocols. Individuals can access the high school through Door #1 or Door #3 and will be required to use hand sanitizer before signing an attendance sheet inside the building.
Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our facilities, and that requires full cooperation among Kimball District staff, program participants and facility users. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our staff, participants, and facility users.
Our Preparedness Plan follows guidance taken from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Federal OSHA standards, Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), and the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) related to COVID-19. The plan that follows addresses the safety precautions needed to be taken to ensure safety of all:
• Hygiene and respiratory etiquette
• Social distancing
• Cleaning and disinfection
• Screening and procedures for individuals exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19
• Communication and training that will be provided to staff and communication to program participants
• Closing of programs and/ or buildings
• Contact and application information
• Creating Your Program Preparedness Plan
Kimball Area Schools will be open and in compliance with State and Federal guidelines during this global pandemic. Please be advised that Participant and User compliance with health and safety expectations is required. Kimball Area Schools will exercise an abundance of care for all, but Participants and Users acknowledge a potential risk for health and safety due to the COVID- 19 pandemic.
All users wishing to apply for use of Kimball Area School District’s indoor facilities must submit a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. For assistance contact one of the following:
• Activities Department Programs: Please submit your COVID-19 Preparedness Plan to Clay Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Community Education Programs: Please submit your COVID-19 Preparedness Plan to Celest Stang at email@example.com
• Facility Renters: Please submit your COVID-19 Preparedness Plan to Celest Stang at firstname.lastname@example.org as part of your application process on the Kimball Area Community Education Facility Rental website.
All COVID-19 Preparedness Plans need to be reviewed and approved prior to use. Plans submitted less than one week prior to start date may not be authorized to begin on the desired date.