Governor Walz has issued new restrictions for all Minnesotans, effective at 11:59 pm on Nov. 20.
All youth, junior high and high school, and adult activities will need to cease for the next four weeks through 11:59 pm on Dec. 18 (this return date could change pending on COVID numbers at that time).
This new "dial back" affects our Kimball Area Public Schools (K-12) and Kimball Area Community Education programming for both youth and adults. There is also no access to the district’s indoor facilities during this time.
Kimball Cubs Activities
Effective Nov. 20, the junior high and high school volleyball and football seasons for Kimball Cubs are over.
- No in-person practices, open gyms, organized captains’ practices are allowed inside our facilities at this time.
- There will also be no use of our weight room (individually or in a small group).
- *If Kimball Schools would return to a hybrid learning model before Dec. 19, then our district facilities could only be used for Kimball classes (no extra-curricular usage).
Our Kimball Activities Director, Mr. Clay Anderson, is waiting for more guidance from the Minnesota State High School League in regards to how this new Executive Order will affect junior high and high school winter activities. The start dates will not change for wrestling and basketball, however only virtual meetings/workouts/practices can take place prior to Dec. 19.
Please contact the Kimball Activities office with questions at 320-398-7700 X 1311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kimball Community Education & Facilities
There will be no in-person Community Ed facility reservations, recreation or activities until Dec. 19, 2020. The paused CE activities include:
- Tai Chi
- Open Gym
- Youth Basketball
- Youth Dance
- Vex IQ Robotics
- Ski Club
- Music Lessons
- Junior Olympic Volleyball Tryouts
- Community group meetings or events
Please contact the Kimball Community Ed office with questions at 320-398-7700 X 1112 or email@example.com.
Stay safe and healthy everyone...and GO CUBS!