Hello Kimball School Families,
I hope this message finds you well as we prepare to start the holiday break. I am reaching out to you with a school update and timeline/schedule for students and families. Due to the recent updated guidance from MDH and MDE for the safe return of students in January of 2021, there will be some changes happening to our Kimball school schedule that were not included in the prior December 11th or 18th messages. These changes and updates are:
· Students in Preschool will return to in-person learning on Monday, Jan. 4th (as originally planned).
· Cubs Club (School Age Child Care) will resume in-person programming on Monday, Jan. 4th (as originally planned).
· Students in grades K-2 will return to in-person learning 4 days per week starting on Monday, January 11th. Students will be in school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
· Students in grades 3-6 will return to in-person learning 4 days per week starting on Monday, January 18th. Students will be in school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
· Students in grades 7-12 will return to hybrid learning starting on Monday, January 25th. Students will return to the Blue/Gold days they were assigned to at the beginning of the school year.
· Kimball Teaching staff will be using January 6 and January 13 (per the Governor’s latest executive order) as planning days. During these 2 days there will be no student instruction.
More information will be coming soon from Mr. Timmerman, Mrs. Bonnifield, and Mrs. Stang in regards to any specific changes in regards to logistics for the elementary school, high school, ECFE/Preschool, Cubs Club, and Community Education. Thank you for your continued support for the students and staff of Kimball Area Public Schools. I wish the happiest of holidays for you and your family. Please take care and stay well.
Erik Widvey, Superintendent of Kimball Schools